Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Good tourist attraction in Incheon -'China town'


Good tourist attraction in Incheon
<China town>


Various Chinese foods and stuff


China town is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Incheon.
You can enjoy various Chinese foods including Jjajangmyeon, very popular food in Korea.
Actually this is the place the Jjajangmyeon originated first in Korea. So there are so many Chinese restaurants selling Jjajangmyeon.
You can also visit lots of historical museums, freedom park, beautiful cafes, and Fairy tale town.
This place is very popular and crowded on weekends because it is convenient to visit China town from Seoul or Incheon by subway.
If you are looking for a tourist attraction close from Seoul or Incheon, 
then Incheon China town and Wolmido would be a good choice for your holiday!






This is the post that Jay translated another Korean blogger's post.
Thanks for your cooperation!!



Did you have a good weekend? ^^
I had a very pleasant holiday
though it made me not want to work on Monday.

I visited China town last Sunday.




I usually drive on weekends,
but it was a little cloudy and I didn't feel good last Sunday
so I was not excited.




But when I saw the buildings in China town, I got excited!
The colors of buildings were beautiful so I could notice that there was the China town. :)



But I couldn't see tourists on the street and couldn't find anything to enjoy.
I was just looking for a parking space.
You shouldn't park on the street and the road in China town is very narrow.

※There is a big public parking lot in China town!



Address: 인천광역시 중구 북성동2가 12-36

The parking fare is very cheap.
It costs 600 won per 30 min, and if you park longer than that, 150 won is added.
I looked around and had a meal there but I paid just 1000 won.
I was supposed to pay 1500 won but there was a date discount.





When we got into China town after parking, I saw so many people and restaurants.





It was more crowded than I thought.
There were many street foods like Chinese bread, cookie and dumping.





What I first ate was Seongjenbao which looked  like dumping.




Next to it, there was a store selling Chinese bread called 'Gongalpang', but I don't like this.




Seongjenbao

It was so delicious.
There are two flavors, meat and shrimp, and I personally recommend shrimp. ^^
Many people were waiting to buy Chinese bread and this food was not that popular.
But I preferred this.
Seeing the photo, I want to eat this again. lol




The Chinese style buildings.
Almost every build looks like this.
It reminds me of ones in a Chinese movie. 



There were many Chinese people and their Korean was really great.
.
.
I wondered how the Chinese foods taste like but I was not hungry.
But seeing the photos again, I regret not eating them.
.
.



There are many street shops selling accessories.
Some of them were quite unique but I didn't buy anything. (just looking)





I have wondered what the fortune cookies are.
So I bought this for fun at 500 won.





I wanted to know what this cookie would say.




I was disappointed since it didn't say anything special.
And there were numbers for lottery on the back side. lol




I could find this stairs.
And there were Chinese restaurants on both sides.
I didn't want to go up the stairs because it was hot, but I decided to go up.




I could see another stairs looking steep behind the door, but I was too tired to go up.




There was nothing special.




That box say that EXO, the most popular Korean boy group, experienced this right here. lol
The man was attracting people with that. lol




There were many street foods including Lamb, but I chose to eat this cane ice cream that is available anywhere in Korea.
I often saw this in Myeongdong, Seoul, but I didn't try this.
It was so delicious.
Vanilla was not great but dark chocolate was great!!




The weather was so hot and my legs were hurt, so I decided to eat this Oven dumping and go to Wolmido.
I like dumping and dimsum, so I wanted to try this oven dumping.





Many people were waiting in a line for this.
The man was attaching dumpling on the wall of this Chinese oven.
It was interesting.






On the way to the parking lot after buying Oven dumping, I saw a store selling cute stuff.

Bracelets were not cute so I bought only two cats.




Isn't it so cute? ^^
It was 2000 won and 4000 won!
It is very small but a little expensive. lol



I ate this Oven dumping in the car, turning the air conditioner on!
This one was delicious but a little oily.

But the one with red bean was so delicious.


There were so many people and various foods in China town, Incheon
But it was small and not much to look around.

Next time I visit there, I want to eat Seongjenbao again. ^^



-----------------------------------------------------------



Jay's Tips!

"Ni Hao!"




<The popular boy-group EXO visited here>




Ratings: ★★★☆

Tip 1. You can get there by Seoul metro subway line 1, Incheon station
Once you get out of the station, you can find China town.

Tip 2. I recommend you to visit China town, Fairy tale village and Wolmido together.
They are so close from one another.

Tip 3. This is where Jjajangmyeon originated first in Korea. So you should try Jjajangmyeon there.

Tip 4. There are many special street foods you can't eat elsewhere in Korea, so you'd better buy foods you are interested in!





Jay's Recommended route

1. Incheon station : China town is right across the street
2. China town: You can enjoy many things. (2 hours) 
3. Fairy tale village : It's next to China town (5 min on foot)
4. Wolmido : You may spend much time there. (4 hours)
5. Incheon station : It's 10 min from Wolmido by bus or taxi






Related posts








Fun Incheon Fun Korea Facebook Page


Motel booking service for foreigners Motel in Korea






*If you have any question, feel free to leave comments below~






No comments:

Post a Comment