Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Munhak Park Tae-hwan Aquatics Center (문학 박태환 수영장)


Munhak Park Tae-hwan Aquatics Center (문학 박태환 수영장)


The official swimming pool for 2014 Incheon Asian Game


Munhak Park Tae-hwan Aquatics Center is the official swimming pool for 2014 Incheon Asian Game. It was named after the Korean famous swimmer Park Tae-hwan who had won the gold medal for the first time in the 2008 Beijing Olympics for the first time.
This center will be used for swimming, diving, synchronized swimming and so on for the Asian Game. And after the Asian game, it will be used as a place for kids who want to be a swimmer by Park Tae-hwan and as a water park and scuba diving pool for citizen.









↓ Click <Read more!!!!!> below for more information!



This is the post that Jay translated another Korean blogger's post.
Thanks for your cooperation!!

When I pass through the Munhak Park Tae-hwan Aquatics Center, I was always wondering what the inside looks like.
And today, I got a chance to look inside the center, because there was the 4th national swimming competition.

I like swimming and I am doing a volunteer work as a coach for life guard, so I think this place would be a good place for me to teach after the Asian Game.
And I'm very excited to have a wonderful pool in Incheon.

I can't wait to swim in this center after the Asian Game.


This is the entrance. It looks not that clean though it's newly built.



Lastly this is the inside that I've wanted to see.
I think it will be very cold when it's winter.
But the diving pool was awesome.
I had to go very far to learn how to dive to Jamsil, Seoul and it was not easy for me before this center was built.



I liked the diving pool that is very big,
but the distance between swimming pool and diving pool was too close together.









There are lots of seats.
The swimming competition for Incheon Asian Game will be held here.





And this is the Munhak baseball stadium.
I could see this place when I was parking my car.
There was a match at 5 p.m but the cars were coming from 2 p.m.







Address: 인천 남구 문학동 537







Jay's Tips!!

"I hope it to be the best Asian Game!"




Tip 1. How to get to the Park Tae-hwan Aquatics Center from the Incheon airport

1. take the Arex subway from Incheon airport to Keyang(계양) station.
2. Transfer to Incheon subway line 1 at the Keyang station.
3. Get off at the Munhak Stadium station. (There will be an announcement in English)
(It takes about 1 hour and a half and costs about 3,800 won.)

*If you take a taxi from the airport, it would cost about 35,000 won and take 40 min.




Tip 2. Good places for shopping and meal near from Aquatics Center

Guwol-dong: One of the biggest downtown in Incheon.
It takes about 5 min by taxi. (about 3,000 won)



<Guwol-dong>

<Rodeo Street>




Tip 4. Nearest accommodation

Hotels are located near Songdo (Sheraton, ORAKAI, BENIKEA and Ramada)
and Motels are located near Incheon City Hall

A post about Ramada hotel : http://fun-incheon.blogspot.kr/2014/07/hotels-in-incheon-ramada-songdo-hotel.html




Fun Incheon Fun Korea Facebook Page


Motel booking service for foreigners Motel in Korea



*If you have any question, feel free to leave comments below~!

No comments:

Post a Comment